Southwestern Law School Los Angeles, CA

Entrance/Exit Counseling

Students can find links for Entrance and Exit Counseling on MySouthwestern (log-in required) - under the "Where do I..." tab on the Financial Aid - Continuing Students page.

The federal government requires all colleges and universities to offer Entrance and Exit Counseling for federal student loan recipients. Students only have to complete each of these once (for each federal loan type) while in attendance at Southwestern.

Students must complete entrance and exit counseling session for each of the various loan types they will receive.* Any questions may be directed to the Financial Aid Office.

Types of Entrance and Exit Counseling Available:

  • Perkins Entrance Counseling
  • Stafford and Grad PLUS Entrance Counseling

  • Stafford Exit Counseling
  • Perkins Exit Counseling
  • Grad PLUS Exit Counseling
  • Stafford and Grad PLUS Exit Counseling

*For example, if you received funds from Stafford and Grad PLUS, and Perkins loans and are receiving aid for the first time at Southwestern, you would complete the following Entrance Counseling:

Stafford and Grad PLUS Entrance Counseling
Perkins Entrance Counseling

Please note: If you are uncertain as to which loans you will be receiving, it is in your best interest to complete the counseling for Stafford, Grad PLUS AND Federal Perkins loans.